S5 (Profibus DP)<-> Gateway <-> Interbus

davidcab79

Hi,

im working with a control system based on a Simatic S95 (step5), Phoenix Contact Gateway Profibus DP - Interbus, and an interbus system. I have to migrate the S95 to a Simatic S7-300. The problem is that the S95 communication FB is written in awl for Step5, and it is too strange. I think that Step 7 will allow me to do the same task in a easier way.The process data of the gateway are 8 words (128 bits). Can anybody help me?

Kind Regards

The Phoenix Contact gateway will probably integrate into the Profibus HW Config in STEP7 via a GSD file.
The i/o on Interbus will then be available as i/o adresses in the the STEP7 program. No other programming will be necessary.

Thanks JesperMP,
you are rigth, i had already done the HW Config with the GSD file.I think I will be able to read the datas of the Interbus side from de S7 one in a easy way, but when i must send the S7 data to the Interbus side.. i need to send 19 WORDS and the gateway allows 10 WORDS.. my prblem is: How can i know the right sequence to send these datas? the Interbus side must recieve the same datas (in the same sequence?)that with de S5 system. The gateway that was used in the S5 system was the IBS S5 100 (its like a I/O module for S5, not profibus). It belongs to Phoenix contaact as well and it allows 8 WORDS.

sorry, my english..

Thank you very much

Like you say it now, you are exchanging the gateway as well as the Siemens PLC.
I have no experience with Interbus. Maybe some kind of multiplexing is used to get more than 8/10 words. Apart from that I think that 8 or 10 words of data is a strange limitation. It is virtually nothing when we talk about bus systems.
You have to study the documentation from Phoenix Contact.