Indramat PPC comms - CoDeSys OPC

Manglemender

Greetings all,

I'm hoping someone can offer some advice as heads are being scratched.

I have a project that requires two SCADA systems (RSView32) to communicate with one Indramat PPC controller via the Indramat (CoDeSys) OPC server over ethernet with TCP/IP.

It seems that all comms to the PPC must go through an SCP gateway server; Connecting more than one SCP Gateway to one PPC causes the comms to fail.

It ought to be posible to route the comms from the second SCADA through the SCP Gateway on the first SCADA system via a Remote SCP connection. I've tried setting this up but cannot get the remote connection to work despite folling the guidance of the help files regarding DCOM settings.

Has anyone done this before? Can anyone offer a better method?

Best regards,

Nick

As you state only one connection is allowed via the SCP.
You can use multiple direct ethernet connections. In the opc configuration use the option "TCPIP Level 2 route (PPC)".

If you are using Indraworks there are a number of system libraries within CoDeSys for setting up a direct socket connection to a host. If you don't have them call your Rexroth support team.
I am NOT familiar with the PPC but know this is available with the MLC controllers. Originally tried the OPC interface and ooooohhhh sooooooo sloooooooooow.

:)

With advice from Hokie I do now have two SCADA systems speaking to one PPC controller but it is quite slow; but for now, at least it works!

Nick