Suggestions for an application

tomfarvour

Hi all,

We are going to be impmlementing a card reading solution for a client of ours who has a wash that uses a SLC 5/03 configuration connected to a modem. The issue we have is that the cardreading solution needs to use an authentication database that will be on an embedded PC. The card reader will be connected to a Serial port on the embedded PC and another port needs to some how communicate with Channel 0 on the SLC 5/03.

Obviously the communication between the embedded PC and the SLC 5/03 is easy, and the SLC 5/03 and the modem, using an RS-232 smart switch/relay.

Here is the dilemma: When dialing in to the modem I can send an extra control string to the smart switch and tell it to goto Port A, which may be the PLC. I could send another to get on using RAS to Port B. That's no problem. The issue, I guess "question" i have is would I be able to have the on-site Embedded PC directly access the PLC. i.e.: Port B -> Port A?

-Tom