Cimplicity HMI version 6.1 Alarm Question

adamk1217

Is there a way of referencing a different point's value in the alarm message of another point?

Example:
Hoist_1_Crash
PLC address %M025
alarm message: Hoist 1 crashed at tank #(Hoist_1_Position)

Hoist_1_Position
PLC address %R0015

You should be able to accomplish this using the trigger point function, and the %VAL alarm message key word.
Set the Hoist_1_Position point (or a virtual copy of it) to alarm on update (i.e. every time it changes), but then set it's trigger point to the Hoist_1_Crash point.

What I ended up doing was creating an external script triggered by an event. In the script I used the alarmgenerate function. This was the suggestion from a GE engineer. It worked well but is a lot of work to implement.