String example ???

macs_plc

how to input a string...
in FC4 -- delete string...
i have declared st---string[9]

when i include this fc4 blovk ob1..
its asking for expected data type -- IN : string...
what to enter in that ??? (like mw,md, or ?????)

led123.JPG

What iam missing ???

There is a big clue on the screen shot you have posted:

Expected Data type: IN: STRING

You have to declare a variable to be of type string to be able to pass it as a parameter of type string.

Here's an example using a DB containing a string variable:

string009.JPG

You cannot monitor string variables as strings, you have to monitor them as a collection of bytes and display them in character format.
vat1001.JPG

nice one.....
one more thing is it possible to view date_and_time (dt) in "VAT" (both date and time) in same time...i tried but i can only view date or time at the same time