MicroLogix 1100 and Red Lion Data Station Plus

IAA

I have a ML1100 Series A and a DSPSX000 that I just cannot seem to get talking together. I have successfully done a Net-ENI module and a SLC5/05. These are all over ethernet. I have my DSP IP address(xxx.xxx.xxx.043) and the ML IP address set(xxx.xxx.xxx.045). I have the Network Mask setup and the gateway all configured. I can view the ML1100 from RSLogix 500 online and I can see the DSP online. The protocol in Crimson for the ML1100 is "DF1 Master via PCCC/EIP". What I am unsure about is the settings on the ML1100. Under protocol control I have "BootP Enable" and "DHCP enable" NOT checked. I do have "HTTP Server Enable" and "Auto Negotiate" checked. I have read in another post that this should be a piece of cake, so I must be missing something. Thanks for any help.

IAA said:
I have a ML1100 Series A and a DSPSX000 that I just cannot seem to get talking together. I have successfully done a Net-ENI module and a SLC5/05. These are all over ethernet. I have my DSP IP address(xxx.xxx.xxx.043) and the ML IP address set(xxx.xxx.xxx.045). I have the Network Mask setup and the gateway all configured. I can view the ML1100 from RSLogix 500 online and I can see the DSP online. The protocol in Crimson for the ML1100 is "DF1 Master via PCCC/EIP". What I am unsure about is the settings on the ML1100. Under protocol control I have "BootP Enable" and "DHCP enable" NOT checked. I do have "HTTP Server Enable" and "Auto Negotiate" checked. I have read in another post that this should be a piece of cake, so I must be missing something. Thanks for any help.

Not an expert (at all) but does bootP make it look for something to give an IP address? Have your tried unchecking that option?

(Edit - Ignore this bit, I missread your post.)

Havr you tried turning off auto negotiate?

Last edited:
IAA said:

I think you may find the ML1100 is supported via ethernet through the NET-ENI module connected to the DF1 port

Look at this post http://www.plctalk.com/qanda/showthread.php?p=163735

Last edited:
IAA said:
I have used the ML1100 and a G3/DSP together without any problems. You are using the correct driver in Crimson. And you are correct that DHCP and BootP should be disabled if you are assigning fixed IP addresses. Auto Negotiate should be on; HTTP setting doesn't matter. I assume you are familiar with the addressing and subnet mask requirements? (i.e. if your subnet mask is 255.255.255.0 then the first three numbers of both IP addresses must match.)

I recall reading somewhere that with some Allen-Bradley devices, there is actually a difference between xxx.xxx.xxx.043 and xxx.xxx.xxx.43. Apparently that leading zero was causing problems for someone. (I always leave out leading zeros in IP addresses unless it forces me to put them in.)

The posts above are correct, you do NOT want BootP enabled.

Also, make sure that any data files you are mapping to with the DSP are created in the PLC. If you try to access data files that do not exist, the DSP will appear to not be communicating.

Regards,
Dan