micrologix 1100 and encoder for speed

irondesk40

question.

If you take a micrologix 1100 and connect a encoder to the high speed counter input, how could you then take that value to know the rpm.

The RA Knowledgebase has a good article on how to combine the MicroLogix High-Speed Counter (HSC) function with a Selectable Timed Interrupt (STI) in order to calculate the rate of a fast input.

Knowbase Article ID # 19445.

The high-speed counter functions are documented in detail in the MicroLogix 1100 Instruction Set Reference manual, Chapter 5.

Similar Topics

Has anyone interfaced an analog encoder to the analog inputs on a Micrologix 1100? I'm thinking about using an absolute single turn rotary encoder...
Replies
Views
Have done a couple of projects using a omron cqm1h plc and absolute encoders so that you would be able to know the position of something when it...
Replies
Views
Some info: carton packaging machines, speed up to 150RPM or 2.5 per sec.(linear speed 0.5m/s ) , scan time around 20ms. So far I’ve been...
Replies
Views
Hi, I cannot find the DLCA1764.EXE utilty software for data retrieving. Can someone share the link to download this software. Thanks!
Replies
Views
I am currently backing a Micro Logix 1100 and no-one seems to have the file for me to upload from. Is there a way for me to upload the project off...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom