SIMOREG's RPM oscilates when running

NoName

Hello all....

Today we replaced a blown out inverter with a SIMOREG DC master unit(132 kW - speed sensing via analog TACHO)). We were able to get the motor running. But when we set the setpoint to the inverter with the potentiometer to let's say 10 % it starts to oscilate around these 10 %. It never calms down so to speak.
We didn't have enough time today to play with all the parameters to fine tune it, so I would like to know if there is something in particular to watch out for.
Any input would be great!

Thanks in advance

Best regards
Ales

You must check thru the instruction manual for Current Loop Tuning or sometimes called Inner Loop Tuning and do that. After that has been done successfully, then you must do the Speed Loop Tuning sometimes called Outer Loop Tuning.

I'm not familiar with the Siemens drive you mention but if it is reasonable new, it most likely will have autotune capability for both of these loops. If you are not experienced at PID tuning, it would probably be best to simply do the autotune and see if it is good enough.

If it is good enough, great. If not, you will need some help to tighten up the speed loop.

Good Luck!

DickDV said:
You must check thru the instruction manual for Current Loop Tuning or sometimes called Inner Loop Tuning and do that. After that has been done successfully, then you must do the Speed Loop Tuning sometimes called Outer Loop Tuning.

I'm not familiar with the Siemens drive you mention but if it is reasonable new, it most likely will have autotune capability for both of these loops. If you are not experienced at PID tuning, it would probably be best to simply do the autotune and see if it is good enough.

If it is good enough, great. If not, you will need some help to tighten up the speed loop.

Good Luck!

Even the oldest Simoregs I have dealt with have auto tuning for the curent loop and the speed loop. One is a static tune, one is a rotational. There is also a CEMF tune.

Get the book for the particular Simoreg that you are using, the procedure is spelled out completely in the startup section.