Siemens S5W File Extension

Peter Laing

Hi all you Siemens users out there,

I have a PC with some archived S5 programs on it. Can anybody tell me the file extensions for the program files. I know that Step 5 programs use .ini .s5d and .seq extensions, but am unclear as to what the windows version use.
Thanks in advance
PL

Peter,

if you mean the Windows versions of Siemens Step5, then the answer is: the extensions are exactly the same as for the DOS version of Step 5.

If, on the other hand, you mean the S5W software by IBH-Softec, then the extensions are .S5 for the programs and .SEQ for the symbols.

Kind regards,

Similar Topics

I'm using the Siemens PRONETA software to do some IO testing currently. I love the simplicity and fast testing capability. Does anyone know about...
Replies
Views
Hi, First time user of S5 Siemens. Is there any solution on how to solve this kind of error. HMI OP7 $613 DB-error No. 11 (0: 15) Siemens PLC...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have an issue where I want to simulate an Siemens HMI panel, through NAT connection to a PLC. I have the possibility through extended...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Please inform me if i can make programing of the HMI SIEMENS IPC477D from TIA Portal software or not? I do not have WINCC software but...
Replies
Views
I have never had the pleasure of working with a "Thermistor" until now and have a question. The Thermistor is a 10KOhm 4-20mA 2-wire device and I...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom