communication with panelview 1000

Hello,

I am pretty new to PLC control and am having a problem with a panelview 1000 HMI and need to replace it however i can't seem to be able to get access to the project on it to put it on the new one. Any help would be appreciated. I can see the panelview on RSWho but cant view any projects. It is connected by DH+ to a logix5555 controller.

You will need PanelBulider32 software ( Standard PanelView programming software). You can then upload/download its program by way of its DH+
port or its Aux port. The aux port can be configured as a printer port or
upload/download ( if nothing is connected to it then its probably at its default upload/download DF1 protocol). A straight thru cable will work with the RS232 PV port.

Last edited:
Your best bet would be your local AB representative.
The software catalog number is 2711-ND3 PanelBuilder32 Configuration Software.

Last edited:
Hi,
The easist and cheapest thing to do if you dont need to modify the program is to upload it to a flash card. use a flash memory card in a pcmcia adapter and plug this into the memory card slot at the rear.
you can then load the programm to card and reload it to new panelview

webbyjules said:
Hi,
The easist and cheapest thing to do if you dont need to modify the program is to upload it to a flash card. use a flash memory card in a pcmcia adapter and plug this into the memory card slot at the rear.
you can then load the programm to card and reload it to new panelview

In order to use the fast and easy memory card file transfer method, you will need to have access to the CONFIG screen. Most Panelview Standard applications have one that can be accesed somewhere in the application

Example:
PVconfig.JPG

If it is a touchscreen and there is no Goto Config button in the existing app:
AB Knowledgebase said:
Question Accessing the configuration screen on a touch screen unit without a GOTO CONFIG button.
trnsp.gif
Answer Problem: How can the Configuration Screen be accessed on a touch-screen PanelView terminal if no 'Goto Config' button has been put in the application?

Solution: If the application in a PanelView terminal was developed without a 'Goto Config' button, you cannot normally get to the configuration screen. A work around is to watch the PanelView screen during the power-up self tests. When the self tests get to step 32, a square will appear in the lower right-hand corner - press and hold the square when you see it. After a the self tests complete, total memory will be displayed. Hold the cell for approximately 10 more seconds and then release. The Configuration Screen will be displayed instead of the application.

Note, if the Configuration screen is secured, you will not be able to get into configuration mode by this method, you will have to reload the application with a Goto Config button on one of the screens.

If its' a keypad unit:
Open the Configuration Mode menu by simultaneously pressing the Left and Right arrows (on keypad terminals)

Last edited: