New to RS View.

imramtuff

Can some one please tell me or point to the information to get started.
I have a machine that is already programed and want to upload the program/applacation from the panelview 1000 to RS ViewStudio. I have been able to get the (.mer)runtime app but have not been able to get the program into Studio.

Thanks

R

What version of RSView ME are you using? If it is version 5.0, there's an option in the Application Manager that lets you convert a .mer file to a .med file. Earlier versions of the software did not have this option.

However, it is possible that the machine builder either password-protected the .mer file or locked it down completely (no .med conversion allowed). If this is the case, you will need to contact the machine builder directly.

Just in case it is a rev prior to 5.0 here is a Tech Note from Rockwell's web site that describes how you can Recover your project from the .MER file.

http://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/rockwellautomation.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=8913&p_created=981568348&p_sid=56u58xWi&p_accessibility=0&p_redirect=&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5PWRmbHQ6MSZwX2dyaWRzb3J0PSZwX3Jvd19jbnQ9MTg3LDE4NyZwX3Byb2RzPTAmcF9jYXRzPTcmcF9wdj0mcF9jdj0xLjcmcF9zZWFyY2hfdHlwZT1hbnN3ZXJzLnNlYXJjaF9ubCZwX3BhZ2U9MSZwX3NlYXJjaF90ZXh0PS5tZXI*&p_li=&p_topview=1

Note though that there are some things you cannot recover from the .MER file in versions before 5.0. The Tech Note describes what cannot be recovered.

OG

Opera, I got this when I followed your link...

RSKBerror.JPG

Well that's odd. I just pulled it up by following my own link and it came up fine.

Oh!! There we go, it is classified as a Distributor level note so it is not a public message. My bad.

I believe if you do a search on here there have been directions on how to do this posted. If not, PM me and I will be happy to supply full details. Since it isn't public message I suppose I shouldn't dispense it publicly.

OG

Operaghost said:
Well that's odd. I just pulled it up by following my own link and it came up fine.

Oh!! There we go, it is classified as a Distributor level note so it is not a public message. My bad.

I believe if you do a search on here there have been directions on how to do this posted. If not, PM me and I will be happy to supply full details. Since it isn't public message I suppose I shouldn't dispense it publicly.

OG

I was wondering how you got to see that technote as we were told its a 'secret'.

Though I do have a copy of it :p