I got problems of a technical sort.

Shamus4486

Hi,
I'm currently a Tenn. Tech. student enrolled in a Industrial Maintenance course. We have a bit of a conundrum figuring out how to get a Allen-Bradley Panelview Plus 600 Cat # 2711P-T6C20A to connect with the Logix 5561 or getting them to "interact" with each other. As of right now we've got the 5561 to be seen on the RSlinx but the panelview we can't quite seem to figure out how to work it. We can't figure out how to get the Rslinx to see it and I'm utterly confused with RSVIEW STUDIO. Is there anything we're missing or might need or am I just overlooking a step?

Jared

I'm guessing that you have the proper ethernet connections to both the panel, the CLX processor (via ENBT) and to the PC running RSLinx.

Do you have the IP addresses correct? Can you ping them?

Arrrrrrrrrg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I found out part of the problem. We don't have anything set up for us to use ethernet just yet. The Computer Instructor in his infinite wisdom said we were already set up, but come to find out they haven't set up anything for our ethernet. So once we get that set I'll be back with lots more questions!! lol Thanks for everyone's help.

Jared

Jared,
There is a vary good video on you tube that talks about using the RS View Me software and how things get set up.
I can't get to them here at work but try looking on there for Rockwell software.
I'll try and post later tonight

Shamus4486 said:
I found out part of the problem. We don't have anything set up for us to use ethernet just yet. The Computer Instructor in his infinite wisdom said we were already set up, but come to find out they haven't set up anything for our ethernet. So once we get that set I'll be back with lots more questions!! lol Thanks for everyone's help.

Jared

You just learned a very valuable lesson, never take anyones word for anything when trying to fault find a machine. Start at the beginning. The number of times I have arrived to assist on a breakdown only to discover that a blown fuse is responsible for the hour stoppage. The fact that no one thought to test it and when you ask the question "oh yeah fred said he tested it".

99 times out of 100 machine failures have simple explainations.

Alrighty

Things are looking on the up and up. I ragged on the computer teacher until he finally decided to get some of his students to come over and set us up. They are currently in the process of hooking us up. So I will hopefully be on here tomorrow with a lot of questions. Thanks everyone for your help. I really appreciate it!!

Jared