Inexpensive Solution

atatari

Dear Friends,
I am looking for a controller that has 3-6 DI, 3-4 DO and also couple AI and AO. The only issue is I need to be able to draw up to 500ma from the AO channels. I probably can do this with a simple transformer and resistors ; however I like to have some control over the functions. price is an issue as my Boss is cheap!!
It does not to be a fancy solution( Like AB, AutomationDirect or...) , an electronic board capable of doing the job also works.
Thanks

Last edited:
You can try Moeller's easy control relay.

In fact numbers of AI/AO is more important to be clear than that of DI/DO. And the voltage is needed too.

you could also try the horner xle or xlt. one is a touch screen but both have a fairly cheap price and each has a unit meeting your goals. check it out heapg.com

halosome said:
You can try Moeller's easy control relay.

In fact numbers of AI/AO is more important to be clear than that of DI/DO. And the voltage is needed too.

The Problem is that I need 500ma output on AO channels. Does anybody know any device that can provide that range of output?

Its for a device that I am using and I need to vary the current between 0-500ma!!!.
If I can't find anything I have to go with traditional way of using a xfmr and resistor and a Pot

Automation Direct - 05 series. $250 to $300 american for 8 DI and 6 DO with a 2 channel AI and 2 channel AO card. Not sure on amp rating though.

Sounds you need a intelligent battery charger. If you don't mind the cost, I know a guy definetly can help. He works on microcontroller based charger control up to 15A.

Thanks for all replies.

Well, it turns out that even these two manufacturers have PWM output which is a positive tiangular output. Not good for my application.
Gave up!!!

atatari said:
Thanks for all replies.

Well, it turns out that even these two manufacturers have PWM output

I must have missed the post where you specified no PWM.

There is a solution but it won't be inexpensive. You can use multiple signal conditioners. If your using 4 to 20 ma input you would have to put all of your conditioner's inputs in series and all of the outputs in parrallel. If you are using 0 to 10v the conditioners would all be parrallel (inputs and outputs). If memory serves me correcly I bought a signal conditioner from delta comuter systems (Peter Natchwey's company) that could make 0 to 200 ma output from a 0 to 10 volt signal. I think the part number was VC2100.