Dl06 + F0-08dah-1

glenncovington

Lifetime Supporting Member
Okay I need help again. I tried to follow the instructions on ch4 of the Automation direct manual but my results are not correct.

This is an 8 channel analog input module for 0ma to 20ma signals. The device attached is a 2 wire current transducer sending a 4-20ma signal.

Channel 1 has a 12.1ma signal going into the module. This corresponds to a 201.2 amp reading. The raw value in the DL06 is in register v2000 and v2001. V2000 is reading a BCD/Hex value of 6734. V2001 is reading 8000 which is the card configuration value.

I would have expected the raw value to be more like v2000 of 9322 and v2001 0003 for a dword of 39322.

mainfans.JPG

It's hard to see your picture. But here's where I would start. Verify that you have the correct logic for the module configuration. If your module is installed in Slot 1 then you're conficuration logic should be exactly as shown on page 4-10. Switch the PLC from Run to Program and back to Run, this will run the configuration logic.

Double check the mA signal going to the module. Double check that the module has +24VDC.

Oops! definitely a typo.

It is a F0-08ADH-1 16 bit resolution input card

The problem I cannot figure out is at 4ma my raw value is approx 13107 which looks correct for a 0-20ma card. The problem comes in that a signal of 20ma or greater gives a raw value 32767. This is half of what I think it should be. It should be 65535.

I tried replacing with a F0-04AD-1 12 bit resolution. It works fine scaling between 0 and 4095. I just don't get as fine of a resolution and only 4 channels.

glenncovington said:
The problem comes in that a signal of 20ma or greater gives a raw value 32767. This is half of what I think it should be. It should be 65535.
"My assumpton" is that "Your assumption" is is correct.

The only thing I can suggest is, have you tried this method?

analogIbox.jpg

I have now tried this method. If I use binary instead of BCD the lower word V2000 has all 1's when the signal is 20ma +

If I switch the setting to BCD the number is 32767.

I ended up changing the code to use the binary numbers and it works.

Glenn,

Thanks for the heads up. I had never used this module before. But I'm thinking I might on a project next year.

It's good to see a thread come to an end with a solution.

I found out that the firmware of the processor must be at least rev. 2.3 to use this card. My processor is a rev 2.2 so I am downloading the upgraded firmware now.

Thanks to all who replied.

Glenn