good evening
I have a slc500 AND PV 550 and I want to make a Rio
communication the problem that I can't see the data on the
pv 550
knowing that I can make order the functions digital
help me please

Greetings 3ICHRA ...

and welcome to the forum ...

first of all, there are MANY different models of SLC-500 processors ... and there are MANY different models of PanelView 550 devices ...

all of these have different communications ports, etc.

please post the EXACT catalog number of the hardware you have ...

example: 1747-L542/B for the processor ...

example: 2711-B5A1 for the PanelView ...

once we get that information, we can try to help you get things connected ...

going further, do you have the necessary RSLogix500 and PanelBuilder software available to program both of your devices? ... and is anything else already connected to your system? ...

Ron Beaufort said:
Greetings 3ICHRA ...

and welcome to the forum ...

first of all, there are MANY different models of SLC-500 processors ... and there are MANY different models of PanelView 550 devices ...

all of these have different communications ports, etc.

please post the EXACT catalog number of the hardware you have ...

example: 1747-L542/B for the processor ...

example: 2711-B5A1 for the PanelView ...

once we get that information, we can try to help you get things connected ...

going further, do you have the necessary RSLogix500 and PanelBuilder software available to program both of your devices? ... and is anything else already connected to your system? ...

thks
this is my project
I used the PV 1000 WITH a CONNECTION AB_DF1-1

You didn't answer the questions. Ron is the best at helping you -- if you'll help him help you!!

There are many different models of SLC and many different models of PV550. How they communicate with one another is going to depend on which model you have. Tell us the part numbers so we can give you specific help.

If you are trying to use RIO, the AB_DF1-1 is the wrong configuration to use. But until we know what you really have, we can't help you.

OZEE said:
You didn't answer the questions. Ron is the best at helping you -- if you'll help him help you!!

There are many different models of SLC and many different models of PV550. How they communicate with one another is going to depend on which model you have. Tell us the part numbers so we can give you specific help.

If you are trying to use RIO, the AB_DF1-1 is the wrong configuration to use. But until we know what you really have, we can't help you.

2711-K5A1-PV550 Key,frn 3.11-3.29
1747 -L552 5/05 CPU- 32Mem 0S500

I looked at the program you posted, and from what I see you have the RIO comms in LAD 8 (the COP instructions) but you don't have a JSR pointing to LAD 8. That would be one problem to fix.

Give us all the information we need the first time and we might be able to help...

What kind of problems are you having?

How are you trying to connect the PV to the SLC5/05? Not just the driver, but the physical connection... The SLC5/05 does not have RIO built in, so are you trying to connect via the SN module? The lights on the SN might give us a clue if there are configuration problems -- what do they show?

Which panelview program are you using? You included two... one is for a PV1000 via DF1 -- this will NOT work in the PV550 via RIO. Wrong Panelview, wrong comm. If you're using the other one, it ~might~ work, but we still need some more clues.