controllogix read/write to DOS

tj@coalmont

Here's the problem. We're attempting to send 50 INT each way betweeen a controllogix ethernet card and an old DC drive that is DOS based. If i can get the info into DOS i can get it to the drive. They already have ethernet throughout the plant so we have to communicate over it. Has anyone written a program similer to this? Or is there a better way?

it's a drive on a winder at a paper mill. we changed directions and now i'm trying to use ethernet/ip virtual I/O. but can't find a manual to set it up.

If it's not one thing it's other!

The drive itself runs DOS? Any information on the type of communication ports it has, serial, Ethernet? What type of communication protocols does it support?

The original drive was created byh my boss when he worked for a company called EMC. They designed the boards,... everything and the program was written in visual c++. The communication language that it uses is arcnet. what we desised to do is use the virual I/O program to send receive info then convert it to Arcnet. The virtual I/O program will run from a special card in the drive rack running windows.

It's Alive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We got it working! We are using a program Called EtherNet I/P Virtual I/O! It's a sample program "Freeware" that comes with the sourse code. All it needs is a little more programing. But we have communication!

tj@coalmont said:
It's Alive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We got it working! We are using a program Called EtherNet I/P Virtual I/O! It's a sample program "Freeware" that comes with the sourse code. All it needs is a little more programing. But we have communication!

source oops.

Did you use the EtherNet/IP Sample Code freeware from the ODVA, or was this from another vendor ?