Ethernet/IP Interface Module MVI71-DFNT

CoastalControl

Lifetime Supporting Member
This module is made by Prosoft. Ethernet/IP Interface Module MVI71-DFNT

My question is, has anyone used this card for Ethernet communication from the AB PLC 5/60 to any HMI's.

I would like to string 8 HMI's on this card and would like some help.

I am replacing Hard Wired control stations with the HMI's. If this sounds like an acceptable way of doing this, please let me have your comments.

Thank you,

Pat

I don't see a problem with that. I've used a couple of the Prosoft cards, a couple of caveats though. First, I believe the maximum update rate is 1/10th of a second. Last, the data in the config file is processed sequentially so if you have some buttons that are more important than others, you should put them at the top of the list.

Jay