AB_PIC-1 driver

techimnot

Hi
AB_PIC-1
This has probably been addressed before but I am in a bit of a hurry as I have to go to work and try to resolve some issues with our logic controllers.
This driver does not appear in my drop down menu in Rslinx Lite. We are running revision 2.20.01 (Build 107.01) Can not connect to the AB 500 series using the 1747 PIC, nor the PLC 5. I can get online with the micrologix using the RS-232 DF-1 devices. It has been several years since I have used this software, and have changed jobs, but do remember connecting to the 500's at my previous employer. I believe I was also able to connect to the PLC-5's using a different driver than the above, not sure which. Is this software in a desparate need of an upgrade or am I using the wrong drivers?

The default protocol for the RS232 serial port on SLC-5/03 and 5/04 controllers, as well as PLC-5 controllers, is DF1 Full Duplex.

You can create a DF1 Full Duplex driver and use the "Auto Configuration" button 90% of the time when you are connecting to those ports using that driver.

The 1747-PIC/AIC+ driver is a little more complicated because it has always had problems working with Windows NT based operating systems. Rockwell Automation offsers a 1747-UIC USB to DH485 converter for the same price as the 1747-PIC that resolves most of these challenges.

You will definitely need an operating 1747-PIC/AIC+ driver to connect to the SLC-500 "brick" controllers, and *might* need it if the SLC-5/03 and 5/04 Channel 0 ports have been configured for DH485.

RSLinx 2.20 is from the Windows 2000 vintage. It does not have a 1747-PIC/AIC+ driver that will work with Windows XP. I strongly recommend upgrading to RSLinx 2.52, which is the current release. RSLinx Lite is available from the standard RA software update website without a license key required.