Panelbuilder 32 secured screens

Joe Loescher

Hello All,

Is there a way to have the PLC control access to secured screens in panelbuilder 32. I have several screens where maintenance punches in a password, but I would like to set up a screen to be accessed only during certain conditions in the program. Is this possible?

Thanks Joe

Sure it is Joe, you would have to program it in the PLC though.
You are going to label your screens (Integers) first, if they already aren't that is)
Create a new screen, call it whatever, label it with the integer value associated in your program. (Only call it when your screen is on that particular value)
There are about 100 ways to do what you are asking....
You cannot do it specifically in the PB32 software though.....

Well I have the Control and status Tags and use them to have the PLC change screens when required. but how do I prevent the operator from accessing say screen 10 during certain steps in the process?

To do this you will have to do all screen changes through the PLC using the Control and Status tags. In the PB security settings, assign a tag to the Current Operator Tag setting; now your PLC will know who's logged in. If you want a certain screen to be accessible based on conditions in your program, you won't be able to use a Goto Screen button to switch to it. You'll have to create a regular momentary pushbutton that activates a bit in the PLC. This bit should be on a rung that verifies the current operator tag and whether the screen change is permissible. If so, move the target screen number into the screen control tag.