Free SCADA: 7T IGSS.

JesperMP

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
Just stumpled upon this:

7T's SCADA software has been released as a free download !
At least in a version limited to 50 "objects". I dont know if "objects" equates "tags" or what.
IGSS is a fully fletched SCADA package, at one time if was one of Siemens offerings before WinCC came out !
There are lots of drivers included with the software.
It is obviously a sales push, but if your requirements are relatively modest, then why not use it to the max.

http://www.7t.dk/igss/default.asp?showid=381

N.B. I dont work for 7T or use the software IGSS myself.

Igss

No, you might not work for them, but they are Danish som you are supporting your own people right ;)

Oh, I love Denmark... cheap Beer :D

And yes, in IGSS an object is the same as a "tag"

Andreas

Sweet! I always like seeing useful free resources. Even as a sales push - the company's delivering value to you and proving that their package isn't garbage ;-). Good stuff.

JesperMP said:
Just stumpled upon this:

7T's SCADA software has been released as a free download !
At least in a version limited to 50 "objects". I dont know if "objects" equates "tags" or what.
IGSS is a fully fletched SCADA package, at one time if was one of Siemens offerings before WinCC came out !
There are lots of drivers included with the software.
It is obviously a sales push, but if your requirements are relatively modest, then why not use it to the max.

http://www.7t.dk/igss/default.asp?showid=381

N.B. I dont work for 7T or use the software IGSS myself.

I gotta go visit you sometime, Jesper. Yep, I just invited myself...
I'll buy the beer 🍻

orense said:
No, you might not work for them, but they are Danish som you are supporting your own people right ;)

Oh, I love Denmark... cheap Beer :D

And yes, in IGSS an object is the same as a "tag"

Andreas

Saw this also...

I also stumbled upon this on another website I am part of. After spending 10 plus years using Siemens equipment, I was happy to see this being offered in a 50 object version for free...especially since I am toying with the idea of rolling out into Independent Contracting... Might be a great way to set up a Demo, as stated earlier with the modest PC requirements...and the fact that I have a few spare S7-200s collecting dust in the garage... :ROFLMAO:

Hi, Was wondering if anyone connected the IGSS free 50 up a PLC, I am trying to connect to an Micrologics 1100, carried out the config in the scada software but am getting an error "driver 7TAB (25 has abnormally terminated)
I am using RSLogix 500 lite and RSlinx classic lite. not sure what i am doing wrong

any advice appreciated

I dont know the driver setup in IGSS, but I suspect that if there is a driver called 7TAB, then it is an internal driver that does not use RSLinx. Shutdown RSLinx, and be sure that the serial port is free.

Hello, I have the same problem with the "driver 7TAB - 25 has abnormally terminated".

Did you solve it? could you give me any tip? in the tutorial they just speak about a "siemens" one, and the software´s help is not the best either.

Thanks in advance,

F

Hello, I have the same problem with the "driver 7TAB - 25 has abnormally terminated".

Did you solve it? could you give me any tip? in the tutorial they just speak about a "siemens" one, and the software´s help is not the best either.

Thanks in advance,

F

I did manage to get it sorted but not sure how sorry, I could send you over a copy over the back up file if you wish. Do you know how to address the Allen Bradley, when trying to talk from the SCADA application.
ie The Integer file number is what? Item number?, attribute? and bit offset. I am getting no error message not sure if I am addressing the object correctly.
Thank
P

Well

It is about the Rslogix500 estructure for variables, just go to you program and check what you have or what you want to show. i.e " N12:7"

So your file number would be 12 and the item 7, after that the atribbute I think it is not relevant at least not for an Integer type.

I hope it helps.

Regardless we can still be in touch and try to manage it somehow :D, two heads are better than just one!

F.C.

Thanks for the help (anything) appreciated, I got a good response from the IT support, still can't get a response from the ML1100 through the objects. I have a full version of RSLinx Classic and using a lite version of RSlogix 500.

Thanks

P