userxyz

Anyone who has a tutorial or an example program,

I've bought S7 Graph, but I cannot work with it

I know FBD, LAD and STL

Hi Combo,
check C:\Program Files\Siemens\Documentation\ there are pdf's:

S7-GRAPH - First Steps with S7 GRAPH
S7-GRAPH - Programming Sequential Control Systems

Supervision is monitoring time you can add to each step, we use this alot on valve logic - can point to wear/pre-failure

interlocks are additional conditions which must be met before the step can move on through transistion

Just a warning on the side Combo, I don't know if there's a newer Version of S7Graph out since I last worked with it a couple of years back, but if not, be warned that it is very easy to confuse S7Graph by doing things that the designers hadn't anticipated. This is of course very easy to do in the first few days with any new program, but in S7Graph it can result in all sorts of things ceasing to function - this applies particularly to parallel or simultaneous paths. You get into the situation where having created a parallel path you can no longer access the symbol to close off the path, for example.

If you do wind up in this condition the only cure is to delete the chart and start from scratch.

Once you get used to it, though, I think you'll find you get on well with it - especially if you have many simultaneous paths.

Interlock is useful for step/step starting up ?

STL??? said:
Hi Combo,
check C:\Program Files\Siemens\Documentation\ there are pdf's:

S7-GRAPH - First Steps with S7 GRAPH
S7-GRAPH - Programming Sequential Control Systems

Supervision is monitoring time you can add to each step, we use this alot on valve logic - can point to wear/pre-failure

interlocks are additional conditions which must be met before the step can move on through transistion

Yes, the interlocks are used to start a step.

You have basically a network of ladder logic or FBD that is attached to the left of the step. When all of the conditions are met, that step activates. When it activates, it performs the "actions" that you program to the right of the step.

How I worked with a simple program was used "INIT_SQ" in network for the interlock on the first step. In the block that calls the S7-Graph block, I tied a normally open contact input connected to a pushbutton with address, say I0.0, to the init_SQ input. That way when I press the pushbutton, the INIT_SQ input turns true, turning on the sequencer. This also turned the contact on the interlock true. If INIT_SQ is the only input on the first step, you can perform some actions. I try to make sure that the last action sets a bit that is monitored in the interlock network for the next step. This way, when that action is performed, the next step becomes active.

This may not be the best or ideal way. I just had to fumble through it like you're having to do.