S7 400 - Copy DB contents from offline to online

venkum00

Hello all,

I went through a lot of forums and found some useful information but not exactly what I want. I am using S7-400 PLC.

I messed up db contents when I copied online program to offline and vice-versa. Now, i lost comments and symbol names in online db. Although I have an offline copy of the exact db, i am not sure how to copy the comments and names to the online db without changing the actual values. There is a lot of data in this db and hence very time consuming to copy and past each field at a time.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance,

Ven

Does the structure amd length of your offline DB match the online DB ?
If so, copy your offline DB to another offline DB (say DB900). Download this new DB to the plc. Write some program in OB1 using SFC20 to copy the contents of your good data to DB900. Delete the SFC20 copy program. Download your offline copy of the good db. Write a program in OB1 using SFC20 to copy DB900 back to your original DB. Delete the SFC20 copy program.
If the structure and length do not match, you need to edit the offline DB until it does and then follow the above procedure.