PanelBuilder 32 Software

Vetteboy

Hello Panelbuilder 32 users. I have checked Rockwell's website and it is not too clear on what Panelviews are supported. I assume it's the latest software and can program all of them. I also noticed that they have older Panelbuilder 1400 Software for programming enhanced panelviews. My question is will Panelbuilder 32 program a Panelview 1000e?

Thanks,
Vetteboy

I don't believe that it will support any of the "enhanced" PV's

You can always check by starting a new project and checking if your unit is in the list of part numbers.

Thanks Rick and Bentleya, actually the reason I ask is I just bought a 1000e on eBay, and don't have any software yet........

Last edited:
The enhanced version PV's do require the enhanced version software.

Something I am checking into now is if the new RSView ME can download applications to the regular PV's and PV Enhanced. From reading the PDF user's manual, you can convert PB 32 and PB enhanced to RSView ME for the PV+ line.

If RSView ME does download to any type PV then that would be the way to go because a few years back the PV Enhanced software was priced to me at about $ 1,100 where the ME is at around $ 600.

Should find this out shortly,

Chris

The "e" units are obsolete, and the word I have is that they will soon be discontinued. I assume parts will be available for some time.

I did one project with a 1400e. The software was a bigger pain in the a$$ than the regular Panelbuilder stuff. Never again.

Tom, I'm not calling you a liar, but AB talks like these are the future on This Page. They even have a discount program for migration from the 1200 series.

Can we trust AB's site? What is the future of AB Operator Interfaces?
I'd love to know the details as I'm about to invest/waste $1300 US in the programming software for these enhanced units.

PanelView Classic (1200)
2711-ND1, 2711-ND1W (PDS, PanelBuilder)

PanelView Enhanced (1200e, 1400e, 1000e)
2711E-ND1 PanelBuilder 1400e

PanelView Standard (300, 550, 600, 900, 1000, 1400)
2711-ND3 PanelBuilder32

PanelView Plus (750, 1000, 1250, 1500)
RSView Studio Machine Edition

The Standard terminals are the only ones that weren't built by the Dynapro division in B.C., so they're the ones that don't have a migration path. A 1200 Classic can be imported into PanelBuilder 1400e, for example, but not into PanelBuilder32.

RSView Machine Edition can import all thre types of configurations into a new ME project. It is not an omnibus editor; you cannot program any of the old hardware or operating systems with the new editor.

In short, if you got a 1000e from EBay, start looking for PanelBuilder 1400e on EBay, too. Or sell it back.

Vetteboy,

I don't know if the e series is obsolete, but if you read the page, they talk about how it has been reliable for over ten years. (read- they are old).

The future (for now) seems to be the Plus line. I am just getting my feet wet, but they seem real promising.

That's OK Vetteboy - I can make a mistake without being a liar. The first is part of the human condition, the second is a deliberate act.

I have heard from a number of sources that the Dynapro built units are not being promoted for the future - Rick's comment about them being pretty long in the tooth is well taken. The age of the product line shows in the configuration software too, in my opinion. As far as believing the AB website goes, they are A) subject to the human condition and B) trying to sell product, and C) not all nearly as good as Ken Roach!

Thanks Guys

Since I am trying to maintain 10 year old sawmill technology this is perfect for us. Everything we have is DH+, PLC 5/40s, Some standard Panelviews, etc. Thanks guys, you never let me down.