Lost communication. Rslinx USB adaptor

Maxbrad

Recently I am working with a USB adaptor in my laptop to stablish communication with Micrologix 1500 via serial port. Frecuently RSlogix lost commnication and a "Corrupted program" or a "path error" mesagge are displayed. When I check the RSlinx network PLC is "X" marked and RSlogix is tilted until I stop/start the driver or Auto-configure driver I perform on RSLinx. Do Somebody know how solve this problem?
Rslinx Revision 2.51.00.21(CRP 7)
RSlogix 7.00.00 (CRP 7)

What brand of adapter? were did you buy the cable from? 🤞🏻 "not me, not me" 🤞🏻

I think this is your issue, some USB adapters have issues and are not reliable, if you can buy a Keyspan where you live... I would recommend it, I offer a money back if they don't work and have never had one returned

If I were you, I would get another adapter I think that may be your issue...

But one thing first (may save you a few bucks) make sure you have the latest driver that the manufacture offers, whom ever made it should have a website, upload the driver or make sure its the one you are using

Other then that I would say buy a Keyspan, the Keyspan are for more then just PLC's (even though they work very well) the other generic version I offer has never failed either, so if you do more then just PLC's get a Keyspan, if you only do PLC programming you can find less expensive ones that will work.

Just make sure that they offer a money back if it does not work (I do)

Do you have any friends in you Country that program? ask them and ask where they got theirs...

If they say Radio Shack just take their cable :) and give them yours :D