Multi-HMI on a Micrologix 1200

summitpolym

DOES ANY ONE KNOW WHAT i WOULD NEED TO CONNECT 2 HMI'S TO A MICRO 1200?? MY CURRENT SYSTEM IS A MICRO 1200 WITH A PANEL MOUNTED PV550 TOUCH SCREEN. i HAVE THE MICRO 1200 THAT ONLY HAS ONE COMM PORT, i.e. THE 8 PIN MINI. AND THE PV550T HAS ONLY ONE RS232 COMM PORT. WOULD THE 1761-NET-AIC CARD BE WHAT I NEED TO COMMUNICATE WITH A REMOTE MOUNTED TOUCH SCREEN?? THANKS ALOT

The 1747-DPS1 is a DF1 Full Duplex port splitter.

Your 2711-T5A5L1 terminal is a DH485 network device.

You did not mention what type of additional HMI you wish to connect to the MicroLogix 1200. Let's assume you want to attach another 2711-T5A5L1.

To do this, you need to create a DH485 network with at least 3 RS232 interfaces. That means two 1761-NET-AIC isolators connected together over the DH485 trunk cable, giving you four RS232 ports to which you can connect the two PanelViews and the MicroLogix 1200.

Post back how it works. You could always expand to as many PC based HMIs as you need without extra COM ports. Many facilities are using industrial touch screen computers running standard HMIs where they used to use Panelviews.

summitpolym said:
Thanks for your advice guys, i'm waiting for the port splitter to arrive from AB. Then i will see if its going to work..