RsLogix 5000 v16

Hi

As anyone wonder why they are 16 version of RsLogix 5000. I been using this software for the last 3 yrs and I think it is sh!t. As anyone else tryed copying instruction in V16 while another windows is open with v15....nothing work! Even failed and crashed! Allen-Bradley, or Rockwell do not even provide us with good quality produtcs! It's amazing how much time I lost just doing again what I just lost in the last crash....

I have so many problem with this software, i just don't understand why people (customer in my case) continue to want this scrap!

Just my two cents! We should stop installing those thing around...

I'm sick and tired of ignorant idiots like you slamming products when you obviously havent a clue how to use correctly. I have been using RSLogix 5000 V16 since its release and havent encountered any problems with it.

You say "nothing work". What is that supposed to mean? Did you even install correctly? Surely if nothing worked we would hear others complaining too?

There is a lot a memory allocation problem while using many different version at the same time. Try to open one programm from v15 and another with V16. Then try copying from one to the other. One of the program will failed. This has been appening on any of the PC we installed and used RSLogix. This problem can also be repeated between V14 & V15.

And by the way, i'm maybe a new poster here, but I've been using A-B PLC before windows 98 came in....when it was in dos. And at least, this software was stable. This software is so good, they didn't released it until V10 was ready! Do you wonder why there is so much new version.....not just hardware addon...

Anyway...like I said before, this is my two cents!

bonnebierefroide said:
they didn't released it until V10 was ready!

That's not accurate! I was using RSLogix5000 before V10. There was a major paradigm change at V10, but it did exist prior.

I, too, have never had any problems copy/paste from one version to another. Memory Allocation issues are typically more related to Windows than anything else...

Known Issue

There is a known problem copying/pasting between v16 and anything prior to v15. See Tech ID 38677.

Why does RSLogix 5000 (versions 14.01, 13.04, 12.06, 11.16, 10.07) generate a Fatal Error in Source File: afapp.cpp after working in v16.00?

Answer

Problem: When working with RSLogix 5000 v16.00 software, if graphical rung(s) are "copied" into the Windows system clipboard, then previous versions of RSLogix 5000 will generate a Fatal Error.
The (v10-v14) Fatal Error occurs in Source File: afapp.cpp.
The (v10-v14) Fatal Error can occur even with v16 shut down.

Cause: Microsoft® Foundation Class library that RSLogix 5000 uses is generating expections when a v16 graphical rung lives in the system clipboard.

Work around: To recover from this situation the clipboard must be purged. Simply cut/copy some simple text (i.e. from Notepad) in order to overwrite the v16 graphical rung data. Rebooting the PC also clears the clipboard buffer.
Users can copy rung logic off the ASCII Command Line bar.
Users can copy or drag an entire 'Routine' from version to version.
Rungs can be copied forward (i.e from v10 up to v16), but not backwards (i.e. from v16 back to v13).
RSLogix 5000 version 15 does not Fatal Error, however the rung 'paste' operation is not accessable.

Solution: Corrected in RSLogix 5000 v16.03 software.

Very good info Dougrb!

i'll try the work around, see how it's goes...

but i'm using V16.03 right now, and this is still happening...

maybe i'm using to much software at the same time...maybe this will be fixe in released 17! lol

bonnebierefroide said:
...they didn't released it until V10 was ready!

The first version I used was version 8.

Are you familiar with the mnemoic editor?

Double click the rung number. This opens the mnemonic editor.
Copy the contents of the line. In the target program insert an empty rung and double click on its rung number. Paste in the menmoic editor. This ALWAYS works.

Most programmers use use the mnemonic editor most of the time because its much faster than drag/drop.

I recommend you increase your familiarity with the software and also become familiar with AB's knowledgebase on their website - its loaded with how-to information.

bonnebierefroide said:
Hi

As anyone wonder why they are 16 version of RsLogix 5000. I been using this software for the last 3 yrs and I think it is sh!t.

I have so many problem with this software, i just don't understand why people (customer in my case) continue to want this scrap!

Just my two cents! We should stop installing those thing around...

Just curious here, but what programming software do you consider to be better? I have used several different brands and I'll take AB over anything I've seen.

Show me programming software that doesn't have some type of issue here or there, and I will drop A-B.

As a new post-r on this site, you will find that you will get more answers, if you ask nicely, and don't brag about how long you've been doing it.

I know there are a ton of people on this site that would put you to shame, as you can tell by the info they supplied you.