Cx-Programmer ver 7.0

junidomar

i is begineer level using cx-programmer ver 7. I want ask several questions about the function of "input comparison instructions", "compare", movl(498) and pidat(191)

Input comparison instructions -
Comparison instructions that do not require a contact to operate.
Compare -
Compares the value of the two operands and outputs the GT, LT, or EQ flag according to the result.
MOVL -
Moves two words source data to the specified destination.
PIDAT -
Performs Proportional, Integral, and Derivative control with Auto Tuning.

I suggest that you download some PLC reference manuals...

http://downloadcentre.omron-industrial.com/dlc3/home.do?language=en

...and do some reading - my descriptions are very brief!

thank you for giving this information. When i see a previous PLC who my supervisor wrote, i became headache. Why in PLC used compare? Why omron use address in PLC like 100.00 to 100.15 but it is only to energize the motor?

Omron memory is a 'big map' to use as you wish. It is different from many PLCs that way. Which PLC are you using? Channel 100 is outputs in some of the Omron PLCs.

By the way, compare would be one of the most commonly used functions in all PLCs.

Firstly l had learned basic PLC Koyo DirectSOFT4 during my training.In my training, i was learned a simple command like out,set,reset,timer,NC,NO,counter,LD,SIG and SG.After that, i have joined a company make a automated machine to clean up a part of hardisk.My engineer gave a assignment to me for the next new automated machine.But i don't what PLC will be use in the machine and it is depend for costumer requirement. It will be used CX-programmer v7(OMRON) or Melsoft (Mitsubishi) or Nias (Panasonic). Firstly i need study all the PLC used in my company.My boss give me a month to finish this programmer, i will try my best to study all the PLC used in my company.I afraid can't make the programmer due the time.I only in company about 2 weeks, i only a beginner level in PLC job.

1. Read the instruction set for the particular one you don't understand.
  2. Create a 'test' program using that instruction set.
  3. Download it into CX-Programmer simulator.
  4. Monitor how it behave
  5. Change it's input parameters
  6. Monitor how it behave.
  7. See does it make any sense. Yes - Good!
  8. NO - Read the instruction set again
  9. Repeat Step 3 - 8
After doing the above, post here what in particular you don't understand - help will be assured.

We can sayang you, but you have to work it out.

CX-Programmer

IHAVE BEEN RECENTLY Bought used omron sysmac cpm1a
but without software and cable
coud any one send me the cx programer and cable schema
thanks

engineerhamdy said:
IHAVE BEEN RECENTLY Bought used omron sysmac cpm1a
but without software and cable
coud any one send me the cx programer and cable schema
thanks

CXprogrammer software is not free softwary. Contact a local Omron distributor to find out how to obtain licensed software.
If this is for professional use then I recommend you get the CXprogrammer (CXone) software.

It this is for learning PLCs then Syswin 3.2 can be downlaoded for free at:

http://www.mikroe.com/en/books/plcbook/plcbook.htm

Syswin is the older programming software for Omron and it is no longer supported and won't work for many of Omron's newer models.

Chapter 6 has intructions to make a cable for the CPM1/A.