Has anyone sucessfully configured a 9300-RadKit Modem?

PLC_NEWBIE

I've been trying to configure a 9300-RAD1/B modem kit to a Control Logix Processor. I can connect but it is suprisingly slow. I can configure a control logix to a sportster modem that is 1/5 cost and about 10x the speed, but in this case the customer bought the expensive one and now i need to figure it out. All of my settings are connected per Rockwell Phone Support and the numerout documents on the internet. The reason Rockwell told me it was slow was "noise on phone line". I think its bogus because my sportster works just fine and it connects at 9.6. These tests are done on two seperate analog phone lines which is the right way.

My RSLinx Settings
- CRC, 19.2, Full Duplex

Controller Settings(Serial Port)
- 19.2, No Handshake, No Parity
- DF1 P-P, CRC (System Protocol)

The last thing Im gonna try is the loved ab Firmware issue. It's got me more then once. Any help would be appreciated. I've chatted with 2 other engineers that havent sucessfully used a 9300-RadKit to a CLX.