ActiveX control part of RecipePro?

spatters

Hello,

Here is a little history. I just inherited a project for which many details are unknown, and the machine is a plane ride away. There is a Panelview 1000 and and SLC5/05. I have code for both of these. RSView Studio ME is being used to look at the Panelview code.

My problem is that when I go to open up a couple of the displays an error message pops up. It reads:
Unable to load ActiveX control for display
Recipe Configuration. cause: ME Recipe 2
Enhanced: ActiveX controller not found on
computer.
Responding "OK" to this error brings up the display. However there is a grey box instead of a button. Opening Object Explorer shows an object called MERecipe2Enhanced1.

My best guess is that this component is part of RecipePro. If anyone can verify this or has any other ideas what this is or where I could get it I'd be interested to hear them. You're input is appreciated.

Sam

Hello again,

Is there anyone out there who has used Allen Bradley RecipePro? Maybe that is a better place to start. Thanks.

Sam

Recipe2enhanced is an activeX that has to be registred on both the computer on witch the *.mer file is generated and on the target (Panelview, otherwise that error will come up. If you dont have the activeX on your computer, it is not possible to create an mer file without errors, and if the panelview doesn´t have it, you will have problems as soon as you try to open the "Display" on witch the axtiveX is inserted.