send sms (text message ) from plc to mobile

That could be done easily with OMRON CJ1 PLC. You can program any ASCII msg, sent by the RS232 port via a radio modem.

Similar to Durango above, we achieved this using an Allen Bradley Micrologix PLC and Westermo GDW-11 gsm modem, which sent the message from a remotely mounted PLC to a mobile telephone.

You can embed variables into the string to send values from the data tables.

Would go for either the siemens logo or the Schneider Zelio.
These two are the easiest to setup and do. You need a Logo or Zelio with a comms module and a gsm modem. Just plug in any sim card(doesnt matter what contract you have. You can send it to multiple cell-phones or (not sure about siemens) to a PC with a modem on the pc's side. Really the configuration of these things are a breeze

Nubitek_SMS_Manager, the option for S7-200

Hi Platootod:

Visit Nubitek_SMS_Manager. It's a library ready to integrate in the SIEMENS S7-200 control program. Look at the code example ;) It's very easy to use and you can try it for free dowloading it. If you need more features, it also can embed variables, recognize incoming SMS... Nubitek gives customer support.

Regards,

Lorenzo Rivas

It all Depends on what you are looking for as far as SMS goes. Most PLC's these days can send email through ethernet. Im not sure if the whole setup had to be wireless or if you where part of the connected world. In any case check out AB's Compact logix, or if looking for an inexpensive route check out automation directs plc's. If you are connected it would be real easy you can send an email like most cell comanies let you do. ex [email protected] or something similar depending on carrier.

Allmost all plcs can send ASCII messages to their comms (RS232) ports, Using a GSM modem and standard AT commands texts can easily be configured and sent

Send Sms

Mutttt said:
Allmost all plcs can send ASCII messages to their comms (RS232) ports, Using a GSM modem and standard AT commands texts can easily be configured and sent

Can you give me the example how to create the ASCII massage in ladder doagram/FBD specialy with concept