Mitsubishi E-Series to Controllogix

Steve Wood

I am trying to connect a Mitsubishi E710 HMI to a controllogix processor via Ethernet.

I have installed the Ethernet bridge in the controllogix rack and the HMI has been configured correctly (according to the driver manual).

I have tried several different modules attached to the bridge using RS logix 5000 but I still cannot get a ping response back.

Can anyone help please ?

Mitsubishi E710 HMI to a controllogix processor via Ethernet

I have never done the configuration that you are doing - but have you downloaded the latest drivers for the E710?

I do know that The e terminals have had a lot of communication problems with various PLC's over the years and the drivers are continually being updated.

You will find the latest drivers for the Mitsubishi E710 HMI to a controllogix processor via Ethernet here
http://www.e-terminals.com

Thanks Goody but I have already done that. I have downloaded firmware version 6.10 to the HMI and have the latest driver running in the project with no success.

I have now managed to connect the HMI using the DF1 port so I am programming the CLogix via Ethernet. I would still be interested in the connnection via Ethernet for future reference though, so if anybody has done it I would appreciate a mail.

BTW, the connection via DF1 is pretty easy but you need to map the Tags to SLC type addresses in CLogix to be able to address them in the HMI.