Easy peasy with Pointers in S7 (SBS)

mjoha266

Hello!

I just have a little problem. Well actually it's not a problem with S7 it's more me that is the problem...

To a FC i have a input: InP [Pointer]
and right now I want to do the easiest thing in the world... just look at the variable at that position.
This is my try:

L P##InP
LAR1

A [AR1,P#0.0]
= #IsSet

So in to this block I send a Pointer created with "datablock".varname [a bool] and I just want a true at IsSet if the variable is true... How hard can it be???

/Thanks!

You have a pointer to a pointer so in this case you need the following. (iDB is a temp int)

Code:
	  L	 P##pInp
	  LAR1  
	  L	 W [AR1,P#0.0]
	  T	 #iDb
	  OPN   DB [#iDb]
	  L	 D [AR1,P#2.0]
	  LAR1  
	  A	  [AR1,P#0.0]
	  =	 #Isset

No it does not load from a data block.
Pointers occupy 6 words of memory. All FC parameters occupy 4 words - so you cannot pass a pointer to an FC, instead, you pass a pointer to a pointer using the local data area of the calling block....

You did say easy peasy didn't you ?

Same same but diffrent. I think this will work

L P##InP //Declare as bool in instead of pointer
LAR1
A [AR1,P#0.0]
= #IsSet