Siemens S5 942 Cpu Faulting Out

Coachman

A technician at another one of our plants ,has a Siemens 942
CPU that faults out about every 3 or 4 hours of running. I'll
explain what we have. We have a Siemens S5 942 cpu(I think),a total of 4 racks including a expansion rack that is about 400'
away. This appication has been running since 1988 ,and have not
had many problems ,not many changes either. I don't think noise would be a problem. I am kind of thinking that it is the expansion
rack that is 400' away. Have any of you seen this problem before,
and can you suggest any ideas .I do not have a copy of the I Stack .
I would love to change this out ,to a S7 and maybe go ethernet for the expansion.

Thanks in advance ,

Similar Topics

I have a problem with a CPU 942. I can't seem to get the CPU into RUN, CPU 942B is showing error. Its STOP and QVZ and BASP LED...
Replies
Views
I need a help to run Siemens 115H CPU 942 .I found the CPU stop , I tried to load the CPU with latest backup in the PG ,The CPU remains in stop...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm a total newbie on Siemens so any help is appreciated. I managed to get hold of a laptop with S5 software installed, and also a cable...
Replies
Views
Hello again, i have a old siemens S5 processor that stays in the stop mode. i have tried to place the run/stop switch from run to stop and the run...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have tried with the cable IBH S5-USB-Adaptor, communicate with the PLC above, but I can not! The response of the technical assistance of...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom