Need 1761-CBL-HM02 pinout

blmccallum

Does anyone know the pinout for the AB 1761-CBL-HM02 cable? I've been looking for it on the AB website but can't find it. I am trying to make my own cable to connect a MicroLogix 1000 to a 1761-NET-ENI module.

Thanks.

RA Knowledgebase document # 18942 includes the pinouts for the 1761-CBL-AM00, -HM02, and -PM02 cables.

"A" suggests Accessory
"H" suggests Handheld Programmer
"P" suggests Personal Computer

These were the original purposes of those cables.

As you know, the MicroLogix 1000 has +24VDC on Pin 1. Take care with that connection to avoid letting the smoke out of the devices you connect to.

Also; don't try to force a PS2 connector to fit this plug. Old AppleTalk cables are the best surplus source for a compatible plug, and there are a handful of other sources.

Remind me to tell you sometime about the 8 days a customer of mine spent in the Arizona desert in 110F heat, and the two new PLC-5 controllers he had airshipped to him that he insisted arrived defective. His homemade 1784-CP10 substitute cable had broken the Pin 2 wire inside the shell.

Yes, but the "Adventures of Ken's Automation Project" stories are always great! I still want to hear more about the golf course