S7 414

danesh

Dear All,

I have to program S7-414H, but Step7 download to RAM, how can I Program PLC?

Regards,

Danesh

Ok,

When I download program to PLC, it downloaded to RAM, thus when cpu restarted the program will lost. And I can not convert Ram to ROM. In other hand Please help me to programming cpu 414 H

Regards,

Danesh

I am unsure about S7 414H. I use S7 414-2.

To Download program to a Flash Memory Card under Step7.
Select PLC / Download User Program to Memory Card.

Step7 will download the whole program including System Data
to the memory card.

Now if the CPU undergoes Memory Reset it will reload the program
from the Flash Memory Card.

If you are interested I have a proceedure I use to ensure that
the program stored on the Flash Memory Card has sensible values for variables such as Setpoints, Alarm Limits and PID values.

Ok,

But this message appears in Step 7, program size is about 3 MB!!!!!! And my flash card is 1 MB.

I think there is a bit problem because 3 MB is huge size for my program, what is your Idea?

3mb sounds too large. Perhaps you are trying to download your entire Step7 project rather than the CPU program. Do NOT use Save to Memory Card.

To check your (CPU) program size.
In Step7 select your BLOCKS folder.
Select Edit / Object Properties.
Select the Blocks tab.
It should show Size in Work Memory (Code, Data, Total)
program size in bytes.

Thanks,

This is my block object properties.

User program

Size in load memory 16314 bytes

Size in work memory code 13726 bytes

Data 256 bytes

Total 13982 bytes

System data memory

Size in load memory 2694 bytes

How can I download program to memory card?

In Step7 select your BLOCKS folder.

Then select the menu item:
PLC / Download user program to memory card.

Provided that Step7 can communicate with your PLC it will download all the program blocks including the System Data.