RS 500 activation

LenCas

Need to move activation off hard drive to floppy before I reformat my drive. I am running XP. I moved it to my hard drive a few years ago. I get the message
C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT. The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose 'Close" to terminate the application.

Are you using the 32 bit move activation utility? I have moved activations many times with XP machines with no issues.

An educated guess is you have a corrupted autoexec.nt due to a virus/trojan etc.

I do not know your level of experience in dealing with this but personally I would start with a HiJackThis scan and go from there.

You can find many forums etc that can help you get rid of nasties using the logs from HiJackThis or I can help if you need. Just PM me if you need assistance

Last edited: