AB Thermocouple Cards

Christoff84

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
I have a few thermocouple cards (1746-NT4) I managed to scavenge off a kiln we decommisioned. The only issue with these cards is that the thermistor for the CJC is missing. I can't seem to find a replacement part number, and my AB rep won't answer me on the subject. Does anyone have the spec's (temp range/resistance range) or replacement model number for these?

Not sure you can buy them separately, you might have to buy the whole terminal block Part No. 1746-RT32. See pic below for CJC part no.

PartNo.jpg

Radio shack sells thermistors, And if I remember you can see the cold junction temperature when viewing the inputs on the card (decimal) if it's close to the cabnet temperature than it's good to experiment with.

You could try a resistor but then your "cabnet" temperature would never change, but if your just playing around then it's good to go

Clint