How does EPROM and compactflash work in a PLC (Allen & Bradley) is there a sequence?

ptorres

How does EPROM and compactflash work in a PLC (Allen & Bradley) is there a sequence?

Hello everyone!

I need to understand how EPROM and CompactFlash work in an Allen & Bradley PLC 1756-Lx (controllogix).

Which one has higher priority?

I know both can store programs. The EPROM if is not burned for ever will loose the program once the power and batery are disconnected.

I know that the compact flash will not loose program even if batery and power is removed.

I do not understand if program is store in EPROM and compactflash which would load first understanding that there is a batery as power backup.