Logix5000 Add On Instruction Scope Question

Lakee911

Hi All,

If I create a bool tag in the AOI local scope, will it still be latched on the next scan? Will it be latched during brief removal of power?

If not, if it's created in the controller scope and passed to the AOI as a parameter, would it work at intended?

I do not need to access the latched tag outside of the AOI.

Thanks,
Jason

A bool parameter created as a local tag, is maintained uniquely for each particular instance of an AOI. Ditto more complex structures like Timers.

That data area is what is created when you define a tag for the instruction's first parameter (named the same as the AOI).

rdrast said:
A bool parameter created as a local tag, is maintained uniquely for each particular instance of an AOI. Ditto more complex structures like Timers.

So, if I understand you correctly, than the latch would be maintained?

Thx
Jason