cp5512

dazed

i have installed s7 v 5.4 sp3.1 on my laptop that runs xp. when i installed the cp5512 it insgtalled fine, but when i go to pg/pc interface it is not listed as being instaled. i clicked on it to add it and it is grayed out and wont let you pick it does any one know how tho fix this

The option shows up for me and I don't even have it installed. (I've got several that show up that I don't have the hardware for) I'm pretty sure this one doesn't require any extra software. Are you saying its grayed out after you select the Add/Remove Interfaces option?

Where in Kentucky are you, not too many people doing Siemens in kentucky (i'm in louisville)

im in fortknox. the cp5512,5511, i can even pick them then the yellow x covers the, the instal and remove is grayed out

Last edited:
On my stationary PC, I also cannot install some of the adapters.
CP5511 for example. This is logical as there is no PCMCIA slots in the PC.
CP5611 too. This should be possible, but there isnt any CP5611 card installed.

Conclusion:
In order to add an adapter in the Set PG/PC Interface utility, you shall have come so far in the installation of the adapter that it appears in the Windows Device Manager.

For the CP5512, remember to plug the "dongle" onto it for it to come to life.

the dongle is pluged in and i can see it in the windows device manager, it just is not in the s7??????????????

If it appears with a red x the card is supposed to be either faulty or deactivated. A yellow exclamation point means the module is stopped. I don't really know how you would start or stop it, I didn't even know about the dongle.

I'd try re-installing the card?

thank you, at this point im ready to use my 45 on it. we have a call in to our sells rep for some help??????????????????