plc logic HELP!

jerybigdude

could some help me? problem: 1 input(a push button): push once to activate output # 1; push same input again to activate output #2, to have both outputs 1 and 2 on. push same input again to turn off output # 1 and activate output #3. do this without timers or counters. can somebody help me write the plc logic for this?

We love to help, but we won't do your homework for you.

Post what you have and somebody can help.

You'll generally get jumped on around here if you ask to have someone do your homework for you.

Post what you have done or what you think you should do and someone will help.

edit: Must learn how to type faster...

jerybigdude said:
could some help me? problem: 1 input(a push button): push once to activate output # 1; push same input again to activate output #2, to have both outputs 1 and 2 on. push same input again to turn off output # 1 and activate output #3. do this without timers or counters. can somebody help me write the plc logic for this?

Code:
 //InputControl 
PushButton1=true
ThenSetCounterValue=1
IfPushButton1AgainSetCounterToValue=2

//OutputControl
IFCounterValue=1
	 ThenOutput1=True

This may help :)

Even if somebody was willing to do your assignment for you, you have neglected to mention what PLC you will be using. You won't get a very good grade if you turn a program for a Mitsubishi PLC when the PLCs in your lab are Allen Bradley.

Here's tip that's bound to score points with the teacher. Since you can't use timers or counters, then use an ADD instruction to increment a value by one every time you push the button. Use that value in a comparison instruction to decide which output to turn on. You'll be doing what a counter does, but without using a counter instruction. Sticking to the letter of the law while ignoring the spirit of it.