software compartibility

frank fiagbor

Hi colleagues
i am not too sure if my question is relevant to the forum. the question is. is it possible to run a siemens step 7 on a vista operating system,ultimate edition? i am asking this because i am having a software compartibility issue.
Thanks
Frank

Hi Mickey, Thanks for the quick response. The compartibility list for SIMATIC software package with various versions of the STEP 7 standard package included windows vista ultimate version but it still would not work in my case. could it mean my version of STEP 7 V5.4 is old?. I need some more help.
Frank

frank fiagbor said:
Hi Mickey, Thanks for the quick response. The compartibility list for SIMATIC software package with various versions of the STEP 7 standard package included windows vista ultimate version but it still would not work in my case. could it mean my version of STEP 7 V5.4 is old?. I need some more help.
Frank

Step7 V5.4 is not an old version and should run on Vista.
Have you tried installing the SP packages as well? (SP2, SP3).
Do you have administrators rights on your machine? Or any antiVirus software running while doing the install?