AB Training

kiegmann

Hello all! I find that in trying to find new employment I am severly handicaped by not knowing Allen Bradley. I have looked at their CD trainers, but I am wondering if anyone has opinions.

Thanks
Michæl

Also talk to your local AB rep and see if they have any classes. Sometimes there are some free ones that can give you some exposure.

The biggest hint is that you should get you hands on a small plc and play around with it (either from your work, even e-bay, or the local rep). I would bet most of the people on this site gained their vast knowledge by writing the programs themselves instead of reading it out of a book.

If you struggle, many here would be willing to give you pointers.

Logix pro

This link contains an AB simulator called Logix Pro
http://www.thelearningpit.com/

Just a rundown of the most common type of AB plc's you will find and the appropiate software that you will use to program them,
Be aware that there are other types/older AB plcs and software out there. The logix pro simulator software mimics AB's RSlogix 5 and 500 programming software.

PLC-5================RSLogix 5
SLC 500==============RSlogix 500
Micrologix===========RSlogix 500
Control logix========RSlogix 5000
Compact logix========RSlogix 5000
Flex logix===========RSlogix 5000

There is also a simulator for RSlogix 5000, but it is a little pricey for an individual $200.00
http://www.feedforward.com.au/controllogix_rslogix_5000.htm

I have only personally used the logix pro
I hope this helps