Internal clock Siemens MP270B

Annick

Hello,

My client says that the clock was changed automatically to year 2006 without anyone entering the control panel. Is this possible in some way?
(There is no time synchronisation with the PLC)

Thanks,
Annick

MP270_manual said:
When the MP270 is disconnected from the power supply for a longer period
without the backup battery being used, the date and time must be updated.

MP270_manual said:
Notice
Without the optionally available backup battery (Chapter 11), the MP270 only
stores the system time for a few hours1). If the unit is disconnected from the power
supply for a longer period, the date and time must be updated following
recommissioning.

MP270_manual said:
1) The unit must have been in operation for approx. 6–8 hours, without any interruptions,
beforehand.

Thats what the manual says. So yes, it is possible.

Thanks (of beter bedankt),

This installation is a mobile unit and is disconnected from the power frequently. So this is probably what happened.

Annick