deciding the location of the camera and lighting

AMAZINGAHMED

Hi there,
I have a VS721 camera and a Nerlite dome lighting for inspection of pills (medicine) inside blisters (before applying foil cover). I need to inspect the healthiness (completeness and presence) of those pills.
I have a 35mm lens.
I just need now to locate where should i put the camera and lighting to obtaing a sharp image and an appropriate Field Of View (FOV)
Is there any formula to link the FOV, focal length and diatance for the camera and light?
Thanx

This is based off of DVT but maybe it will get you started.

I have worked with the Monster dome and I always place the camera and dome perpendicular to what I was inspecting.

Hope this helps.

Edit...I added another file to calculate exposure time if your interested.

Last edited: