Rsmacc

mjkoc518

To anybody that can help.....I was recently asked by my supervisor to look into RSMACC. Before him asking this of me I never even heard of it. Could somebody give me an overview of what RSMACC is...........To all that help, I highly appreciate it.

Thanks

mjkoc518 said:
I was recently asked by my supervisor to look into RSMACC.

What is his expectation? What is his knowledge of the product? What is he trying to achieve with it?

We use RSMACC at our facility and generally, I think it makes things very cumbersome. And depending on your rights on the local machine, you can get to a processor without using the product. Which is nice if you have a server or network issue but defeats the purpose of keeping changes documented. Because of something in our network setup, the changes done by the responsible engineering types are documented, but those done by the lowly tech, are not. The only think I like about it is that I can go back in time and get a copy of a program and compare if I need.

The program compare program that runs in the background and reports all changes to the PLC program is worthless when it comes to ControLogix because it reports data table changes. Each report get automatically deleted in my e-mail because it has no value. Perhaps the latest version is better.