Hitachi EH-150

DSXC

Hello all,

I have a EH-CPU316A Hitachi PLC using an EH-ETH ethernet module to do standard Hitachi H protocol communication via our network.

The only problem is that after I configure it via the web interface (to set IP addresses and ports for communications) I cannot connect to it. The web interface is still available on the newly configured IP address, but I cannot communicate with it via the TCP/IP ports configured in the web interface.

I have it set to 10.0.0.203 which I can ping with no issues, and as stated access the web interface. When it comes to doing the H communication I can't even connect to the TCP port 3004, or any of the others (UDP 3005 and TCP 3006, 3007). All of those ports should allow me to connect.

I cannot even connect via ActWin, the Hitachi PLC programming software.

I'm grasping at straws as to why it doesn't work. Any thoughts?

Regards,
DSXC

After all that it was a simple fix. The PLC needs to know of the modules connected and because there wasn't any information stored as the layout to them the comms just didn't work. All I needed was to connect the serial, download the config and the network was up and running. Frustrating, I would have thought that the PLC modules would tell the CPU what they were instead of relying on a program to tell it.

Regards,
DSXC