cp-243 or profibus

obyone

hi, i am new at serial communication on simatic s7-200

i wanna control the valf grup using the as 243 as-interface. or anything that i can do it using siemens plc over rs-485 or rs-232. and i have one more question. is it possible to control the all valf group over one channel.

Hi obyone.

I only know this:

The profibus module for S7-200 is a slave module, not master. So you cannot use it to control remote i/o.

The CP243-2 for ASi is a master that you can use to control remote i/o.
By nature, ASi is a bus-network. So you can control several valve groups with the same master.

Hello obyone;
You could look at as-inerface .com for basic information about As-i and look for products from different vendors:
http://www.as-interface.com/whatisasi.asp
If you plan to use the CP243-2, then a look at the manual would not hurt:
http://support.automation.siemens.com/WW/view/en/2659515

Basically the logical interface between a PLC andf an As-i master is very simple. Each As-i slave can connect to 4 digital inputs and outputs (in the simplest form of the protocol); reserve 16 bytes in the PLC, attribute the Most Significant Nibble (top 4 bits) for diagnostics, then attribute Slave #1 to the next 4 bits (one for each digital input, say), Slave #2 to the next 4 bits... It is very well explained in the manual above; you have to keep track of which bits are assigned to which slave.

Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

i have taken the glance at the manuel but i did not understand that i want. is there anyone who can send me sample program about asi.

or lets i say, just i have cpu 222 and i have cp 243-2 interface module and i wanna control 6 input and 6 output over cp243-2 module. how can i do it?

thanks