Counterfeit Merlin Gerin MCB's

Outrage

Hi All, i've received via third parties what appears to be an internal email between Schneider Electric employees reporting that they have found several instances of what appear to be cheep counterfeit imported Merlin Gerin MCB's. When they have opened them up all the proper internals are not in place and the unit simply functions as a switch, with no overload protection. The PDF was too big to upload but hopefully you should have the pictures attached. They appear to be retailing in Europe for 1.50Euro's. Allegedly they may be cheep Chinese copies (please don't take offence if you are chinese!)

As with all these things it's unconfirmed but just be wary if you are purchassing Merlin MCB's at less than retail costs!

Cheers,

Lee

edit: images removed as i couldn't get them to display right!!;)

It is incredible that money can be made that way. But appearantly it can, which means that the stuff is being sold somewhere. I doubt that it is isolated to just Merlin Gerin.