Thanks

You did not state which Maple HMI

The standard would be:
Data bits 8
Stop bits 1
Parity None
Baud 9600

These must match in both HMI and PLC

The cable MUST be wired properly if not purchased from AB or Maple.

micro1000cable2.jpg

I agree with above. If you are using your own cable be sure of the wiring with AB style of 8 pin minidin conn. it can be tricky. Best bet is to consult MapleSystems driver manual and use a cable they recommend. Also Maple systems HMI have AB drivers be sure you are using them or installed correctly with your Maple software.

Thanks guys,

Monday will see results with the cable supplied by Maple

I will keep you posted

Regards Nth ;)

I'm being picky, but....

The data you asked for is actually not the protocol. You needed the "serial communications parameters" (data bits, baud rate, etc.) and the "pinouts" (wiring connections for each port).

"Protocol" actually defines the format of the serial data sent over the communications link. That includes the addressing scheme, the commands for reading and writing data, the error checking, etc. The newer MicroLogix 1000's support several protocols. DF1 is available directly on the PLC port. You can also use DH-485, DeviceNet, or ethernet/IP with the appropriate external adapter.

We have a lot of rookies here, and I think it's important to educate them in the proper nomenclature and in expressing a question clearly and concisely.

"Protocol"

Hi Team,

Monday reported no success
Tuesday partial success
Wednesday expect full communications

Regards Nth

Hi Team,

Wednesday success,

and Tom thanks for the nomenclature correction, I did not know what to ask for so I used the term "protocol" loosly hoping guru,s would know what I was looking for .......as was the case.

P.S. The maple system is Model 1520C